Z5 v 6ii

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jeff23r Regular Member • Posts: 341
Z5 v 6ii

I have narrowed down my search for a new camera to these two (and still haven't completely given up on the Sony a7c).  Coming from a fuji x-t3 that I have passed on with my lenses to my nephew.

Both nikons feel great in the hand but admittedly the 6ii more solid.  One of my biggest reasons for looking FF is the better indoor low light shooting without flash.  I am wondering if the non-bsi sensor in the Z5 is a major step back from the Z6ii or just a small one - will it be better than say a fuji x-t4 or pretty similar.

The low frame rate is not a huge concern- a hobbyist/enthusiast - family, vacations, etc etc.  Am pleasantly surprised the Z5 is weather sealed.

The Z5 seems to be at an amazing price point for FF but also want something to continue to grow into and not look to be upgrading again so soon which is was leads me to the Z6ii.

Very much appreciate any sage (or not so sage) advice.   Last nikon was a D90.

Considering all the financial doomsayers here, shocked I will consider Nikon (that's a joke!!!)

jeff23r's gear list:jeff23r's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 24-200mm F4-6.3 VR Nikon Z 24-50mm F4-6.3
Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon D90 Nikon Z6 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow