My suggestions for Ricoh - Pentax, to improve AF-C, on the Pentax K3 mark III

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Valeriu 64
Valeriu 64 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,778
My suggestions for Ricoh - Pentax, to improve AF-C, on the Pentax K3 mark III

Dear friends, here is my suggestions for the team Ricoh - Pentax, for improve the AF-C, on Pentax K3 Mark III :

1. The system for choosing autofocus points for close subjects needs to be improved, which has not been much improved, as I have seen. The AF-C system from Pentax k3 mark III, must always choose the objects closer to the camera, than the most distant, which very often does not happen and is a very important problem for birds in flight, but not only .

2. The Z-axis AF-C system still needs to be improved.

3. Pentax has a big problem with AF, if I set it to the center point and I want to focus on a rusty metal bar, 2-3 cm thick, it is very difficult, even the perfect light, in full sun. Same if I want to focus on a tree branch, under the same conditions. If I put 5 or 9 focus points, the disaster is even greater. The AF-C algorithm needs to be improved.

4. For small birds in flight urgently need Pentax 300mm f4 super-fast - instant lens. Also very good would be a Pentax 400mm F5-5.6, both lenses to have a maximum weight each of 1.3-1.4 kg, to be used hand held. Lenses over 2kg, for small birds in flight, hand held, are very difficult to use, an effective ordeal.

5. Reintroduce Text Size in the MENU, because in full sun it is very difficult to read on the display, if you need to look for something in the MENU.

I hope that the Ricoh-Pentax team will consider these suggestions and improve things that need to be corrected.

Best regards, Valeriu

Valeriu 64's gear list:Valeriu 64's gear list
Pentax K-1 II Pentax K-3 Mark III Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow