Circular filters (CPL, ND)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,772
Circular filters (CPL, ND)

So long story short, I had my mind set on using the Haida M10 filter system, but after getting it, trying it, and realizing how much of a pain it will end up being managing and traveling with it, I decided to return it...

I have a set of B+W's but I found my 6 and 10 stop B+W ND filters produce a heavy color cast, which is annoying I guess.  If it was a little color cast, I wouldn't care as much, but with the 10-stop especially it seems to turn the entire scene brown regarldess of the actual color of the scene.

So I'm back to looking at circular filters, and in particular, ones that I could stack (yes  I know some people say not to stack them but I was thinking of at most, two filters stacked, an ND and possibly a CPL, but never multiple NDs).

I'm considering a few brands, but please add other suggestions if you have them:

* Haida (circular filters)

* Breakthrough Photography

* Kase

* B+W (I would consider them again if I can find ND filters that don't produce such a heavy color cast).

* Nisi

(Basically I'm looking to get a fairly basic set of filterS: CPL, 3-stop, 6-stop and a 10-stop).

Thoughts or suggestions?

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon D7500 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z5 +17 more
Leica M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow