C1 and Panasonic GX80

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
d_chiesa Regular Member • Posts: 398
C1 and Panasonic GX80

Hi,

after years of using Lightroom, i switched to C1 a couple of years ago. I'm generally quite happy with it and use it mostly with my original E-M5 (i know, completely useless by now :-D).

Lately i've been playing around with my wife's GX80; i actually do enjoy the camera quite a bit. Fun tu use and easy to configure as i want (and more).

The problem i'm having is one i almost forgot about from when i had a GF1: all the images back then had a nasty albeit light magenta cast to them (in Lightroom). It actualy made me change to the E-M5 and it was gone.

Now with the GX80 and C1, magenta cast is back! Shooting Raw (what i normally use) plus Jpg, the Jpg is mostly fine though. That is with AWB.

It's wierd: different cameras from the same manufacturer, after many years and in a different software, display the same behaviour.

Have you seen this? How would you deal with it?

In Lightroom i did produce my profiles with a color checker; in C1 i did not, nor i do know how it would be done.

Thanks for all the help; besides liking the camera, once i edit the pictures the colors are ok. But it's distracting and unpleasing to always start with a (slight) color cast.

Thanks,

D.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow