R5 vs R6 real world wifi?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lloyd708 New Member • Posts: 1
R5 vs R6 real world wifi?

I'm looking to upgrade from my 5D MK III to either the R5 or R6 but would like more reliable information than I can find online on real world performance and reliability of their respective wifi functionality.

I have two professional situations that I would need it for.

Situation 1:  Event type situations where I want to be able to select occasional images during the event and send them to my phone so I can then send them on to a client quickly so she/he can use them for social.  The key though is that this link is reliable.  The event might last for 5 hours or so and generally have no time to problem solve a connection issue.  I just want to look at the back of my camera and say, ah that's a good image, send it to my phone, grab my phone and Whats it to my client.

Situation 2: Normal jobs where I want all the jpg versions of the images to be transferred to a laptop as I'm shooting (so the client can view).  But the distance between me and the camera might change from a couple of metres to up to 10 or so.

I understand that the R5 has better wifi and has the option of the grip but I don't kneed the larger file size so don't really want to pay the extra for it if I don't need it.  So the question is will the R6 do the job.  Or maybe does it do the job for Situation 1 OK and maybe I can buy a third party product to cope with Situation 2 (like something called CamFi that I currently use but is not practical for Situation 1).

Comments and thoughts from people with real experience would be appreciated.

Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow