Video workflow, prune source video?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
OP JLTaylor Senior Member • Posts: 1,158
Re: Video workflow, prune source video?

Sean Nelson wrote:

But I think the OP isn't asking about deleting whole clips, he's asking about getting rid of those portions of a clip that aren't used in the project. He referred to a multicam setup so it may be, for example, that he has five hour-long clips that have different angles of the same scene, and now that he's finished editing his project he'd like to eliminate those portions of the five clips that he didn't use.

Quick replies.  Thanks.

One example.  I have a 20 minute clip with two cameras on tripods, and one hand held. I kept them all running so I would only need to sync once and create a mulitcam clip and select the angle I want in Resolve.  The hand held has about 15 minutes sitting on a desk filming a wall. I have no reason to keep any of that.

For now I would like to make changes after rendering the first pass.  I will get better at color correction, or my shoot some B-roll I want to add.

Is there a safe way to cut unused parts of the original source video, and still be able to make improvements to the editing?

I did a couple of quick tests, and had to start editing from the beginning.

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow