Voigtlander Vito III - my great grandfathers camera.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ulrik Christiansen
Ulrik Christiansen Senior Member • Posts: 1,875
Voigtlander Vito III - my great grandfathers camera.

Hi all

I spent some time with family yesterday. My grandmothers sister had been cleaning up her house and she had found her fathers camera and asked if I had any interest in it.

I have read the first internet pages I could find about it. It seems to be a little rare and with a high quality Ultron 50mm f2 lens (with a few scratches). It has quite a few used marks and has probably been heavily used. The rangefinder works, although a tad difficult to use, since it is very small. Film advance seems to be working as well. The only thing not working correctly is the shutter; I think it works at 1/500, but anything below and the shutter stays open much longer than it is supposed to - very sticky. Bulb mode works. We have 2 camera shops in Copenhagen who might be able to fix it and I will ask them in the following week - I have no idea how much it would cost to have it CLA'd.

Any experience with the Vito III here?

Ulrik Christiansen's gear list:Ulrik Christiansen's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow