Snapbridge & D850

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stephen1729
Stephen1729 Junior Member • Posts: 44
Snapbridge & D850

This is not a moan about Snapbridge never working as direct wifi mode on version 2.7.1 has in the past worked for me. However I cannot get the darned thing to work on my new iPhone SE (2020). It works fine on my 6 year old iPad Air 2 in controlling my D7500 and D850. But not the new phone.

What happens is that you can connect to the camera's wifi hotspot fine through the iPhone then when you attempt to connect through Snapbridge the app says it cannot connect. But it does connect if you use the iPad.

I have checked all of the relevant advice on Nikon's page (Direct Wifi Connection ) to no avail. Both Apple devices are running the same version of iOS and iPadOS, the latest version. I don't remember problems with my old iPhone SE but alas the battery totally failed on that device so I cannot retest now to make sure if it still works.

Has anyone successfully used Snapbridge on a iPhone SE (2020) to control a D7500 or D850 using direct wifi connection?

Thanks

Stephen1729's gear list:Stephen1729's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +7 more
Nikon D7500 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow