A happy story

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
headmj Contributing Member • Posts: 650
A happy story

With all the moaning and groaning that seems to dominate I thought that a good experience would be in order.

I just bought a new D850 during the current sale to replace my D800.  The learning curve was short and mostly centered around new capabilities.  All of my existing gear just worked with the D850.

I shot prom pictures today.  Prom photos are a lot like wedding formals without the terror.  Eveything worked so well that I probably could have used the camera produced jpegs.  I did not.  The Raws went into lightroom.  The file size increase did not seem to slow me down.  (windows 10, I7, 500gb SSD, 32 gigs of memory, storage is cheap)  The processing was mostly Profile, white balance and cropping.  If I had been thinking during importing I probably could have eliminated the Profile step.  Everything printed easily and looked great.

I think the D850 focus and metering supported my 900 flash better than the D800.  The exposures were beautifully balanced with little intervention.  I'm a happy user and will take this as a good omen for future work.  I'm looking forward to putting some of the new capabilities to work in my macro projects ans simplifying casual shoots.

A superb beastie of a camera.

-- hide signature --
Nikon D800 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow