How many different interchangeable lenses do you have?

Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
ProfHankD
OP ProfHankD Veteran Member • Posts: 7,855
Dealing with optimal use of many lenses

Belgarchi wrote:

... And the worse of it is that - in my opinion - it is not possible to know and use optimally more than, say, 25 lenses,,,

I would have thought that too, but nope. It's easy to develop a feeling for many more lenses, as long as you do actually force yourself to cycle-through lenses regularly rather than just always shooting the same "default" choices.

The biggest problem is literally predicting what the photographic circumstances will be well enough to carry the right choices with you. Nobody carries 200 lenses with them for a day of photography, nor even as a pool to pick daily choices from during a longer trip. The other problem is staying organized so that you can quickly find both the lenses you want and the appropriate adapters. The only thing that's really awkward is that I often am slightly slowed down by forgetting which direction is which for the focus and aperture controls....

ProfHankD's gear list:ProfHankD's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX530 Olympus TG-860 Sony a7R II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a6500 +30 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow