Z5 + kit lens?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
KR Photo Senior Member • Posts: 1,141
Re: Z5 + kit lens?

I own both. I got the 24-70 as part of the kit and it’s a great lens, as many have noted. But I’m also building a small and light kit for hiking, street attempts and more casual shooting, so I grabbed the 25-50 when it first came out and intend to add the 28 and 40mm compacts when they’re available. The 24-50 is a great little lens and is underrated, in my opinion, plus it’s so small and light that it really fun to slap it on and just carry the camera around everywhere, especially after I’ve had a bigger and heavier lens on the camera for a while.

Having said that, the lens does have its limitations and thus isn’t good for some things, so I will have a full sized kit of lenses to run alongside my compacts, and that small lineup is built around the 24-70.

So if I were choosing one zoom, it’d be the 24-70 (or perhaps the 24-200), but I wouldn’t necessarily dismiss the 24-50. Check out the reviews and the sample images — people have gotten some great results with it.

KR Photo's gear list:KR Photo's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow