XT-3 v XT-4 v X-S10 with 70-300mm lens for air-shows and nature image capture

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
maltmoose Senior Member • Posts: 2,157
Re: XT-3 v XT-4 v X-S10 with 70-300mm lens for air-shows and nature image capture

Morris0 wrote:

maltmoose wrote:

I used an xe3 and the 50-230 to shoot at an airshow once and got some nice photos from it. The camera body and AF wasnt the main issue. (although certainly not ideal, i could live with it) The main issue was that i didnt have nearly enough reach..

If you want the best results get 400mm imo, any 24=26mp body will do but the xs10 has a nice grip and some useful memory modes for action so maybe that body and its not so expensive as xt4.

Most of my aviation photos are taken in the 250mm to 300mm range with about 1/4 300 to 400mm. You need to ware ear plugs where I stand. This one is at 310mm

Morris

lol

i've never seen one of them at an air show. Could you find something bigger next time.

Nice shot though, im going to an air show in the uk in September and with all the saftey stuff longer is better. i missed 100s opportunities as just no point as too far away.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow