XT-3 v XT-4 v X-S10 with 70-300mm lens for air-shows and nature image capture

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
DogShot Contributing Member • Posts: 635
Re: XT-3 v XT-4 v X-S10 with 70-300mm lens for air-shows and nature image capture

I'm really enjoying the 70-300mm with the X-T4. I got the X-T4 partly because I wanted to start using video along with my image capture. I'm no movie-maker, but capturing moments like bird calls, feeding their mates, and other interesting activity, as well slo-mo sports moments is a lot of fun.

The X-T4 is great for this. With its IBIS and the ability to switch between photo/video without taking an eye off the EVF, video is instantly accessible. I have even put different frame rates in the Q-menu, so I can switch between real-time, 2x, 4x, 5x, and 10x slo-mo without taking my eye off the subject. Fast moving sports like tennis are great at 10x, and birds are gorgeous at between 2x and 5x slo-mo.

I'm still learning, and figuring out the best way to combine photo and video in a presentation format. It adds a whole new dimension to my photography and I'm really enjoying it. The 70-300mm and the X-T4 are a great pairing for both photo and video.

The video William Chua did for the 70-300mm lens provides inspiration for what I am going for with my bird/nature photography:

William Chua Fuji 70-300mm lens

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow