Darren Miles compares various formats.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
C Sean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,012
Darren Miles compares various formats.

I want to post this video because there been some discussion if you can tell the difference between M43 and Full Frame. Some people say no, others say yes and others like me say it depends on the lens or what you're shooting. In reality it's the lenses and the lighting that plays a bigger role in your final image than sensor size.

Anyway, Darren Miles you probably remember used to review a lot M43 gear a few years ago. In his recent video he compares various formats for portraits. So he basically shot with the following :

• OMD 1.2 with the 45mm 1.8
  • XT3 (Fuji) with the 56mm 1.2
  • Z5 (Nikon) with Sigma Art 85mm 1.4
  • Fuji Medium format with the 110mm.

It should be noted in his test, the other three formats were using pro portrait lenses and Olympus didn't. This could be for a number of reasons like Darren Miles owns the 45mm 1.8 and not the 1.2. The other argument could be made is people buy M43 for it compact lenses rather than the pro and expensive lenses like the 45mm 1.2.

So enjoy the video.

As you can tell by the results when it comes to portraits, M43 and Full Frame aren't identical. Doesn't mean you can't set up studio lighting and get amazing results with M43 cameras. End of the day shoot what give you the biggest bang for your buck.

For the record I own both M43 and Z6.

Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow