Utah: Cedar Mesa

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Blind Bill
Blind Bill Senior Member • Posts: 1,069
Utah: Cedar Mesa

These images are 'bucket list' in that a visit to them has been on my mind for quite a number of years.  We spent two weeks in SE Utah and it was a very pleasant time; the weather was great and many of the people we met along the way were fellow photographers who were eager to share their time.

The first two images - 'House on Fire' is an interesting subject because as you move 2-3 feet to the right or left of center the colors of the roof above the granary change.  The landscape of UT is striking in that geologically, there are so many layers of rock and soil of so many different colors. The floor or HOF is definitely a different color (almost purplish) than the roof.  The third image - 'Fallen Roof Ruin' is reached after a rather arduous hike into a very remote canyon.  Our group (wife, her sister and husband) were pretty beat after the 7-hour round trip hike.  Did you notice the hand outlines in this image?  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did seeing them.

House on Fire

House on Fire

Fallen Roof Ruin: Find the handprints on the black rock along the roof.

Blind Bill's gear list:Blind Bill's gear list
Sony a7R III Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 Zeiss Milvus 15mm F2.8 Zeiss Milvus 50mm F2 Macro Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow