Photo stitching with Brenizer Method

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Colin Creevey Regular Member • Posts: 380
Photo stitching with Brenizer Method

Hi,

I'm attempting to stitch some images I took using the Brenizer Method.  I would prefer the stitched output to be in a RAW format but perhaps this is what is giving me issues (explained below).
I was able to use LR to stitch 30ish images but I have around 120 to stitch despite most of these being overlaps.  Shooting with an R5 so they RAW files are already a little on the larger side.
LR takes a while but will stitch the 30 images.  If I try to stitch anything over that amount LR reports it cannot stitch any of the images together.  Editing the stitched image is also a nightmare.  LR is very slow and hangs a lot.  I assume that's just due to the large file size.
I also tried to export my images as JPEG and use Microsoft ICE but ICE fails and throws an error.  It tells me that I would need at least 50GB free disk space.  I'm sure that's not the actually issue as I have way more than 50GB free.
Questions:
1. Does anyone know any photo stitching software (other than LR) that can produce a RAW image and allows for automatic alignment or manual alignment with overlap?
2. For those that do a lot of stitching, after baking in white balance do you normally export as  JPEG and then stitch/edit the stitched JPEG?   In other words, what is your workflow?

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow