For those who have upgraded Z 7 to Z 7 II?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RMcL Contributing Member • Posts: 895
For those who have upgraded Z 7 to Z 7 II?

How’s the experience been? What are the key benefits you have perceived with the upgrade from Z 7? Was it truly worth it given you already had a Z 7?

I have a Z 7 and mainly shoot static subjects, landscape, architecture a bit of street and occasional groups and portraiture, sometimes birds and wildlife, rarely BIF and never sports. I am tempted by the notion of a second high resolution body so I can go out with two bodies with lenses with different focal ranges, e.g., 24-70 on one body and 70-200 on the other. I say tempted, but just a few months ago I also owned a D850 that gave me this dual body capability, but only with F lenses on the D850. I eventually sold the D850 as I simply wasn’t using it enough to justify keeping it. Now that I have a decent array of Z glass, the entire holy trinity plus Z 50mm f/1.8, the notion is returning again. In fact this is only way I could justify getting the Z 7 II unless there are other compelling reasons to do so, hence my question to you. I will be keeping my Z 7 regardless.

RMcL's gear list:RMcL's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR +7 more
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
csn
csn
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow