Just bought my self an M6II - replacing an M6...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Larry Cunningham
Larry Cunningham Senior Member • Posts: 1,092
Re: Quirks of the M6II - compared to M6...

AshleyMC wrote:

A very annoying one, is the lack of auto daily folder, I used to find my pictures in different folder every days, if it is possible with M6II, it is very well hidden...

Not difficult to implement, but Canon has been neglecting this feature for decades while Panasonic and others continue to offer the “daily folder” feature.

My M3 and M5 both have the option to automatically create a new folder on either a daily or monthly basis. Hit "Menu", select the "Wrench" section, select Tab 1. The first item in the list is "Create Folder", and the choices are Daily and Monthly.

I recently purchased an M6 Mark II, and, strangely, I no longer see any option in the menus for automatically creating new folders. Apparently, I can manually create a new folder (under the "Select folder" menu item), but the camera will no longer do it for me. Harrumph.

Larry

Larry Cunningham's gear list:Larry Cunningham's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow