How long will the 5DsR system effectively last?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP ADW02 Regular Member • Posts: 473
Re: How long will the 5DsR system effectively last?

RHWeber wrote:

I have shot Canon since 1968 and never had a problem with a camera or a lens. I own a 1DS III that I purchased used and a 5dsr that I purchased when it first came out. I use a number of "L" lenses, some like the 135 F2 from my film days. They all work fine. I now shoot landscapes primarily with a Fuji GDX 100S, but I continue to use the 5DSR for portraits. A 5DSR you purchase new today should last you a long time. Canon EF lenses will be around for the foreseeable future.

I agree completely with what you're saying. My purpose in writing the OP centered around the fact that Canon is discontinuing production of the 5DsR. But as I've revealed in a follow-up post, Canon tech support has stated that parts and service for the 5DsR should continue for at least 15 years, and quite likely for as much as 20. And there certainly will not be a shortage of EF lenses. So it's all good.

I've owned Canon cameras and lenses since 2003, and the only failure I've had that was not my fault was with the 7D, which Canon quickly repaired. As an advanced amateur creative landscape/cityscape photographer, I'm as happy as can be to use Canon products.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow