Why I believe Olympus/OMDS is dead/inactive

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 44,161
Re: Would be good to verify the claims...

victorav wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

Why would they bother making all products very recyclable? Why would they bother investing money to get renewable energy sources? Why they would force suppliers to follow in this area? The easiest would be to not do any of those things.

Very recyclable? If they truely cared about that, the "right to repair" movement would not be a thing.

Yes, very recyclable. Look at the materials they use on components.

Also this is not something only Apple is guilty of. The process of obtaining raw materials used in phones and computers is very environmentally harmful and offsets any "green" initiatives.

Thus, a good thing they make their devices very recyclable. They also recycle things.

Not only this but some of the things Apple has done, like getting rid of the charger with some products actually ends up creating more waste.

How so? The idea is to re-use chargers many people have.

Not to mention everyone one uses plastic in their packaging which almost always ends up in landfills, or the ocean.

Which is why they are using a new packaging for iPhone 12 which is very recyclable. Also iPhone 12is the first smartphone with 100% recyclable rare elements in all magnets.

The difference is some companies are not pretending to be green. But Apple is not the only one guilty of pretending.

You should read what they have done over time to go more green. It's out there- look it up. Things they didn't have to do because they would have saved more money at least initially.

I mean, why bother doing this?

https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-is-helping-launch-a-200-million-fund-to-restore-forests/

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow