Lightroom Classic vs Luminar 4 File Size

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ZenLove New Member • Posts: 2
Lightroom Classic vs Luminar 4 File Size

Thank you in advance to all who provide their insight to my question explaining why the file size of images are so drastic between Lightroom Classic and Luminar 4.

I shoot many images of my kids sporting events, so I will often use a high ISO.  Due to this I often use Topaz Labs DeNoise AI as a plug-in to reduce the noise and maintain detail.  
For reasons that relate to an entirely different question/thread I have been experimenting with different workflows.  My main workflow is to import images into Lightroom Classic, do basic adjustments (white balance, highlight, shadow, white, black corrections), remove Lightroom default luminance and sharpening, then transfer to Topaz Labs DeNoise as a tiff with with the ProPhoto color space at 16 bit depth.  The original file at 24MP is returned as 144MP tiff file.  Conversely,  if I begin in Luminar 4 and do similar starting adjustments (white balance, highlights, shadows, whites, and blacks) then send the file to Topaz Labs DeNoise (no option is available to select a file type or color space or bit depth), it comes back as a layered file and the resulting file is 24MP for the original raw file and a side card file of 8MP.  This is so much smaller than what happens for similar edits in Lightroom Classic.  
Would someone help me understand why there is such a drastic difference in the file sizes; and the advantages of using the Lightroom Classic workflow or the Luminar 4 workflow given that the resulting Lighroom Classic workflow produces larger files over the Luminar 4 workflow?  Again, thanks in advance for everyone’s input.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow