A recent trip with the 27mm Mk1

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rod McD Veteran Member • Posts: 7,404
A recent trip with the 27mm Mk1

Hi,

I took a trip down to Tasmania at Easter, planning to do a five night walk up into the central highlands to the peaks of the Walls of Jerusalem. We changed plans to have an easier-paced time on Maria Island. In the past I've enjoyed carrying a 16, 23, 35 and 60, but given the original plan, decided to cut the weight a little and take the 16, 27 and 50. I left the 27 on the camera, carried the 16/2.8 in the shoulder bag, and the 50mm in my backpack.

Lessons..... I've had the 27mm for years but have used it relatively little. I had some reservations about substituting if for the 23 & 35, but to my surprise I enjoyed it. It's sharp and very flexible. You stress over what to take, but adapt to what you have with you. I was also surprised how little I switched to the 16mm..... Interesting. And I confirmed what I already knew - if a lens is in my backpack it tends to stay there. Getting a 25kg pack off to dig out a lens (and put it back on again) means it just doesn't happen all that often. What's accessible gets used.  What isn't, doesn't.

Here are a few from the 27mm, Jpegs, SOOC all shot on my new XT4, starting in Hobart.... Edit - the DPR image loader is doing strange things..... I can't load any more after the first four. I'll put a few more in an additional post.

Regards, Rod

XT4, 27/2.8 - Hobart, the fishing fleet in port

Cliche, I know, but one has to take such subjects when they're there. A good jigsaw puzzle image.

And the odd tall ship..... I was surprised that the 27mm 'got it all in'.

Maria Island was a British convict station and the small settlement of Darlington retains its colonial penal buildings - all now a national park.

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-T4 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +14 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow