An intensive photo sessions period with my Z7I and Z50 (Nikkor&Viltrox)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Qbalion
Qbalion Contributing Member • Posts: 584
An intensive photo sessions period with my Z7I and Z50 (Nikkor&Viltrox)

Last two weeks I was doing some photo sessions with TFP models. Different light conditions, studio light, natural light, indoors, outdoors. I was trying different lenses (zooms and primes) and some Quadralite (Godox) flashlights.

Generally, my feedback is that I forgot about any camera drawbacks or limiters. I did not have any reasons to complain and I could focus simply on my contact with models and composition. Keepers ratio is as high as for sure about 95% due to technical failures (a bit more due to bad poses or composition).

I will hardly agree with anyone (except BIF and very dynamic sports passionates) that their IQ and results are limited by Nikon Z system. It is an amazing system that gives a photographer lots of freedom, ergonomy, and exceptional results. AF works just great and shallow DoF makes miracles regarding sharpness. I just miss trying 50mm f/1.2 which I am going to rent next time.

Photos are postprocessed from RAWs with Capture One 21 and some with Luminar AI.

Please C&C regarding pictures and postprocessing:

-- hide signature --

Our craft over our glass over camera bodies

Qbalion's gear list:Qbalion's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon 10-20mm F4.5-5.6 VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +2 more
Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow