DP Merrill LCD Heat Sensitive?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Human Elements
Human Elements Contributing Member • Posts: 652
DP Merrill LCD Heat Sensitive?

I was out shooting with my new-used DP1 Merrill in the desert the other day. It wasn't super hot (75F) but the sun in New Mexico is powerfully direct. I had the camera on a tripod with the LCD facing sunwards (it was late afternoon) for maybe five minutes while I was waiting for the clouds to move across the scene. And after the shot, I realized that the spot where the AF/MF mode is shown had a series of dark lines across it, with a washed-out pixel zone surrounding it! As if I'd dropped it on that spot.

I suspected the sun plus the camera's internal heat since the zone got slightly over time. Leaving it in the bag didn't seem to help but it didn't get bigger after a certain point. Fortunately, when I got home and the camera had a few hours to cool, the spot became insignificant and was entirely gone by evening.

Is this a normal thing?

Human Elements's gear list:Human Elements's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X100V
Sigma DP1 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow