Why I believe Olympus/OMDS is dead/inactive

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
skysurfer5
skysurfer5 Contributing Member • Posts: 821
Re: Why I believe Olympus/OMDS is dead/inactive

Funny Valentine wrote:

PC dominates worldwide sales simply because of markets such as India, africa and most emerging nations. And they're certainly not olympus users either.

PCs dominate the market because IBM used an open standard model (for the purpose of killing the machine that was robbing mainframe sales....as rumor had it back then), while Apple uses a closed standard model.  PCs dominate the market because they are cheaper than Apple products and easier to modify to suit particular needs.

In my field (civil engineering) PCs dominate the market even more because for years there was no serious engineering software available for the Mac.  It was all written for the PC.

Back in the early 1990s, I finally came across a one-office engineering firm that used Macs.  But, it severely handicapped them because there was no good CAD software available, no good engineering analysis and design software available, etc.  All they had was was appeared to me to be stripped down versions of word processors and spreadsheets.

-- hide signature --

'Is it the only lesson of history that mankind is unteachable?'
…Winston S. Churchill

skysurfer5's gear list:skysurfer5's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow