Why I believe Olympus/OMDS is dead/inactive

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
skysurfer5
skysurfer5 Contributing Member • Posts: 820
Re: Why I believe Olympus/OMDS is dead/inactive

I know three full-time professional photographers, two wedding/portrait guys and one jack-of-all-trades guy.  All three use PCs....very high end PCs.  I know two other professional photographers, both wedding/portrait guys, who retired within the last ten years.  One used a PC.  The other shot film with his Hasselblad and never even bought a computer for email, let alone for his photography.

I know at least a half dozen semi-pros.  They do photography part time for money (mostly portraits) and the rest of the time they are raising their families and/or going to their regular full-time job (one of these is my oldest daughter).  Only one uses a Mac (not my daughter), while the rest use PCs.

This is anecdotal, of course, and doesn't come close to a valid statistical sample.  But, it hints that your impression that Macs are more popular among photographers may be incorrect.

-- hide signature --

'Is it the only lesson of history that mankind is unteachable?'
…Winston S. Churchill

skysurfer5's gear list:skysurfer5's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow