How many different interchangeable lenses do you have?

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
ProfHankD
OP ProfHankD Veteran Member • Posts: 7,860
Heavy lens use

Ching-Kuang Shene wrote:

I didn't count the number of lenses that I have or even used in the past few years.

CK, I fully expected you to be checking that last box even with a serious undercount.

On the other hand, if you allowe to do a weight count, I am sure I could be the champion here, because the two Astro Berlin 800/5 and 1000/6.8 plus the Carl Zeiss Jena Spiegelobjektiv 1000/5.6 and 500/4 and a Carl Zeiss Mirotar 500/4.5 could be worth of 100 to 200 "normal" + "wide angle" lenses.

Telescope-like lenses do get hefty, and you've got a bunch. My longest is a Meade DSX-90 Multi-Coated Maksutov-Cassegrain 1250mm f/13.8, but it's not that heavy. Then again, there things like the 35-pound Sigma 200-500mm f/2.8 APO EX DG... but, although I have looked, somehow I've never seen one on eBay in my price range (which averages under $25/lens ).

The scary thing is that, right now, the 129-256 lens range is the most common answer. That's where I am, but I had no idea there were so many at least as crazy as I am. BTW, my total lens count is in the 257-512 range, but the research I've been doing lately hasn't forced me to use 'em all in the last few years. It's probably fewer than 200 that I've used in the past few years.

I've posted it here before, and it's from when I had fewer lenses than I do now, but here's the last nice shot of my collection:

Some of my lenses, spiraling out to shorter focal lengths (wider view angles)

I really need to come up with a good way to do a more up-to-date shot....

ProfHankD's gear list:ProfHankD's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX530 Olympus TG-860 Sony a7R II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a6500 +30 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow