An 8700 And Spring Flowers

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hike Pics
Hike Pics Senior Member • Posts: 2,156
An 8700 And Spring Flowers

I snagged this golden oldie just before Christmas last year, complete with everything except the lens cap (just where do people put those things?). I picked up a new battery and headed out today to mess around with it. I really like the size and weight, and the buttons are in easy reach. My only gripe is the confusing menu system. I'm still trying to figure it out. I put the owner's manual on my phone so I could reference the info. I'm guessing that I use either of the Custom modes (other than Auto or Scene) to configure personal settings. I have Custom Modes on some of my other cameras but this is the first one I have to select to work out of, instead of using global settings.

I think my camera might be haunted. It has an issue concerning the Flash/ ISO button. When I press it and turn the dial the camera goes all crazy and changes the flash mode and ISO as well as moves the zoom in and out and even changes into other modes. I guess it's an age thing. Oh well, I'll keep working with it and maybe it will sort itself out. Because of its issue I not completely sure how the camera was set for these. I do know the camera was in Program.

I know this is an old timer but if anyone has any advice on the operations of this thing, I sure am listening!

-- hide signature --

...Wes...

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow