Why I believe Olympus/OMDS is dead/inactive

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
millardmt Regular Member • Posts: 472
Re: Some links to give Apple a nudge

Ruairi wrote:

Funny Valentine wrote:

Ruairi wrote:

It's a massive uphill struggle for a new company to have their software ported onto Apple devices. It takes a long time. The certification process must start from scratch.

Mark Thackara UK head of marketing at OMDS speaks to this in a recent AMA with a UK Olympus forum group. They are working flat out to address this. If I can find the link, I'll share here.

Oh, at least someone has recognised the problem over at OMDS.

But the em1.3 was released back in February 2020, almost a year before JIP took over. Plenty of time for Olympus to provide the RAW support to apple, as they used to do with every other camera. My guess is the staff cut was already starting back then.

Hopefully someone can explain why it's taken so long - March - January is a fair while. OMDS seem too busy to be dead though.

support new Olympus E-M1 Mark III Raw fil… - Apple Community
and Feedback - Photos - Apple
add a vote and send a request if there's any hold up at Apple's end. By the sound of it, that's where the log-jam is.

At this point it's really a pain to manage and go through RAW files from the em1.3. You have to use either the sluggish workspace, or LR which are not ideal for archiving large number of profiles.

Not sure whether this is the same conference call, or if it were mentioned in a later one that's not been uploaded (it was a few months ago when I saw it) - https://youtu.be/KhtmVGjJMAM

We're still waiting for E-M1X high res native support on Mac OS too. My colleagues who run Macs are working happily in Adobe Bridge in the meantime.

Perhaps the global lawsuits against Apple are distracting it at present. (And it's about time!)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow