How to blend foreground and background?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
curiousmike1300
curiousmike1300 Contributing Member • Posts: 988
How to blend foreground and background?

I may have leapt before I looked. 

I recently purchased a simple star tracker (MoveShootMove) to try to improve my astrophotography.

Out in the field, I was majorly impressed!  The star tracker worked really well with 20mm -- easily doing 1-2 minute exposures with my ham-fisted polar alignments.

(What proved useless was the bahtinov mask I purchased - as you all know and I figured out, 20mm isn't ideal focal length).

OK _ I have a great night sky, and I turn off the tracker and take a good foreground.

Get the two images home, load them in Photoshop, use a mask to blend them and voila!

Except - that last part is proving vexxing.

The whole part of the star tracked image with blurry foreground is causing me grief blending with the foreground.

Blending foreground into background - issue.  The foregrounds don't align.

Blending background into foreground - issue.  The foregrounds don't align.

Does anyone have a tutorial that might help me mitigate this issue?  I've spent about an hour dancing around Youtube and not finding the one that is working for me.

curiousmike1300's gear list:curiousmike1300's gear list
Panasonic G85 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC +13 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow