New Z5 arrives tomorrow - coming from Fuji! Tips / Advice?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PurpleVole New Member • Posts: 8
New Z5 arrives tomorrow - coming from Fuji! Tips / Advice?

Hi everyone

I've a Z5 ( and FTZ adapter)  arriving tomorrow ( switching from a Fuji X-T4). I'll be using a Sigma 35mm 1.4 and Nikon 85mm 1.8 G with the adapter for a while until I save for some native glass.

I've been wanting to get back into FF for a while now and the price of the Z5 with older lenses just made sense to me as I'm on a fairly tight budget!

The X-T4 was great but honestly as a fairly simple photographer ( I don't do video), I really felt like all of the bells and whistles were wasted on me.  I did enjoy Fuji but it's a pretty expensive system for APSC, especially the price of the 1.4 lenses, which while nice, are older lenses that don't perform overly well.

So, as someone who hasn't shot a Z camera before ( I used to have a D750 a long time ago), are there any tips and tricks I need to know?

I mainly shoot landscapes and portraits, with the occasional bit of street photography thrown in!

Looking forward to chatting to you all, and getting to know the Z system.

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow