Why I believe Olympus/OMDS is dead/inactive

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Funny Valentine
OP Funny Valentine Senior Member • Posts: 1,107
Re: Why I believe Olympus/OMDS is dead/inactive

victorav wrote:

MacroDonata wrote:

Funny Valentine wrote:

It's up to the camera manufacturer to provide Apple with their RAW support protocol, and Apple will gladly include them via firmware update.

I just provided evidence that OMDS HAS provided Apple with their RAW support protocol and Apple, thus far, has not included them via firmware update, gladly or not.

There is no reason to assume that Olympus didn't provide the protocol to Apple prior to the sale. It would have been standard operating procedure for them to do so. Do you have any evidence to indicate that they didn't. I don't mean conjecture.

The REAL question is why is Apple dragging their feet.

As you can see the op doesn't care. Now it's why didn't Olympus do it instead of omds is not doing it.

I do care. The point is we're already 1,5 year into the 3 years shelf lifespan of the em1.3, yet no raw support on the horizon.

-- hide signature --

Funny Valentine's gear list:Funny Valentine's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow