Glen Barrington Forum Pro • Posts: 21,792
Re: Recent comment from someone trying to get it resolved

Funny Valentine wrote:

Gary from Seattle wrote:

Funny Valentine wrote:

MacroDonata wrote:

"DanDare" posted this comment last week:

"Here is an update.

As of today, May 4th, I've had no reply from Apple since I raised the issue back in February in a support call.

Today I called Apple Support and told them that Olympus Tech Support had assured me in early February that they had given all necessary data to enable RAW support to all the Image editing software providers so I asked why has Apple not included RAW Support in the latest version of MacOS 11.3.1 released 26th April? I also pointed out that as well as the E-M1 Mark III, none of the Olympus cameras introduced after the M1X have RAW support, the MiX was the last camera to have RAW support included in MacOS.

I ended up talking to a second level tech support person who said he would escalate this to the appropriate Engineering team and promised me a reply later this week.

It does seem strange that the M1X is the last Olympus camera to be supported and yet every other manufacturers cameras introduced after that are now supported by MacOS."

This does not appear to be a problem created by Olympus. I have no idea why Apple is dragging their feet, but it isn't just Oly that is being ignored.

The real question is why OMDS is going through the Apple support procedure, and why the process wasn't initiated by Olympus themselves ?

How do you know it wasn't - a crystal ball?

So there's a conspiracy against Olympus ? Apple trying to sabotage olympus cameras ?

Well, it is obvious SOMETHING is causing Apple's reluctance for support when the rest of the industry is doing just fine.  PLUS, I suspect you have no more idea of what that something is than I do!  Your speculation is as much hot air as mine would be.

Em5.3 and em1.3 were cameras released by Olympus, not OMDS.

Glen Barrington's gear list:Glen Barrington's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow