Max writing speed on K-3 III?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarBa Contributing Member • Posts: 708
Max writing speed on K-3 III?

Anyone with a superfast card and K-3 III? Could you please let me know how long it takes to save raw images from buffer to the UHS-II card?

Here's what I'm thinking .. there are cards that can write 300 MB/s. Which means pretty much that 9 raw images could be saved per second. Does that mean that a buffer full of 35 raw images is saved in 4 seconds?

Separate question... does the writing process start right after acquiring the first image?

And last question... If you'd switch to the medium frame rate (7frames/s), could you shoot indefinitely in raw on a superfast card?

I simply would like to know if the the full speed of a super fast card can be used by the camera and if not what is the actual fastest write speed of the camera.

Thank you!

Best,

Marek

MarBa's gear list:MarBa's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +3 more
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow