How many different interchangeable lenses do you have?

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
SQLGuy
SQLGuy Forum Pro • Posts: 10,683
Re: Like the thread about buying experiences…please don’t ask

Travis Butler wrote:

Diacyclops81 wrote:

The category way too damned many should be included. I am not a store, so not over 500….but definitely over 125. Guess I ought to start a thread on how many useless SLR bodies do you have…don’t know how many defunct bodies I have purchased to get a lens included in the deal.

Hah. Absolutely.

I've mentioned it here before... but something I like doing with bodies like that is pairing them up with a spare lens - one of the ones bundled in that you've got several copies of, or one of the cheap junky ones, or something - and give them to a kid who seems like they'd be interested.

Even if they don't develop an interest in photography, a classic mechanical 35mm SLR + lens is still a heck of a toy - and who knows, they might grow up a photographer!

I did something similar recently. In that case it was re-gifting an EOS film body and lens to a "kid" (24 or so), who shoots with a 5DIII and an OM film camera, but didn't realize he could use his 5D lenses for film, too.

For the most part, I try not to accumulate bodies, especially duplicate bodies, that I will not display or use... unless they're deliberately for spare parts.

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro +26 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow