Why I believe Olympus/OMDS is dead/inactive

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Eric Nepean
Eric Nepean Veteran Member • Posts: 5,837
Re: Why I believe Olympus/OMDS is dead/inactive

Funny Valentine wrote:

Since the launch of Olympus em1.3, the so called flagship camera, Olympus/OMDS hasn't given Apple the RAW support of the em1.3. The software engineering department of Olympus must be completely shut down.

All the cameras released around the same time as em1.3 or much later (Canon R6/R5, Sony a7SIII, a7C, ZV, Fuji XT4 and many more) all have their RAW support included on Apple devices: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211241

Even Nikon Z6 and Z7 mark II have RAW support on Apple devices.

More than a year later, Olympus can't even support its own format on the most popular platform for creators. All the other manufacturers have provided RAW support for their cheaper models, yet OMDS isn't even willing to do this for their flagship.

That says something when even basic product support isn't provided.

E-M1 mkIII, E-M5 mkIII and E-M10 mkIV are all missing from the supported list for MacOS 10.16/11.0

As are the Panasonic DC-G9 and DC-G100.

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Eric
(Feel free to edit and repost any image that I have posted in a DPR, as long as you identify me as the original poster)

Eric Nepean's gear list:Eric Nepean's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 +62 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow