Neewer Studio Strobes

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
phodara New Member • Posts: 5
Neewer Studio Strobes

About 6 weeks ago I purchased on Amazon Neewer’s 600W studio strobe kit.  This kit consists of two 300w battery powered studio strobes 2 soft light boxes two remote triggers and two battery chargers all for $400.

The Good:

The build construction of the strobes was excellent they worked flawlessly.  I was impressed.

The Bad:

The soft boxes were very cheap very hard to set up and really not suitable for transportable use. One of the lights had an internal rattle that was disconcerting and because of the high voltage used internally for studio strobes could ultimately be dangerous if it shorted out so I decided to contact the manufacturer.

The Ugly:

Now I had 30 days to return on Amazon but I wanted to see how the manufacturers support was so I called them and reached voicemail and left a message. I never heard back so I called the next day and again reached voicemail and never heard back. In fact I called every day for two weeks and never heard back. I emailed their office in (I think) China and they informed me they DON'T have U.S. service.  This means if a light breaks after 30 days your only recourse is to ship it back to China and if they don't repair or replace so you have lost your investment.

Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow