XS10 astrophotography movement and grain

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ausfujixt New Member • Posts: 4
XS10 astrophotography movement and grain

Hi, I have just upgraded from the XT20 to the XS10 and am suddenly finding I have movement with astrophotography shots.  I am shooting with the Samyang 12mm as I did with the XT20 and never had this issue.  I suspected it was the IBIS so I turned it off, but the same issue occurs.  Is there something else I'm missing?

Additionally, I turned Long Exposure noise reduction on, but it didn't work.  I wonder if this is due to the lens being recognised as 'shooting without lens' by the camera?

Finally, same shots, same location as with the XT20 shot at 800 ISO and both cameras set to STD film stock, the XS10 has more pronounced grain visible that responds OK to noise reduction, but not brilliantly.

Overall a disappointing experience shooting at night.  Any helps and tips appreciated.  Thank you.

*attached photo is brightened, and slightly sharpened to show the issues. 20 sec ISO 800 f2.8

Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow