Best way to travel with film

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,847
Best way to travel with film

(OK I apologize as I may have asked this question over a year ago, but I lost track of the thread if I did....)

What do people recommend (in terms of storage) for transporting film (flying, airport security, etc)? I'm not so concerned about general handling, but protecting both unused rolls of film and exposed film mainly at security in airports where scanners and X-ray machines are used.

Should I get some type of metal canister to store the film in (both unused and exposed)? I'd like to take my Olympus film SLR out with me on vacation one of these times (which usually means I'm flying somewhere) but want to ensure that the film is protected from the point I leave home, to the point I get back home with used rolls of film.

(I do plan to buy the film before leaving BTW, as some of the places I'm going to I am not sure if I can get film, so I will be bringing it all with me.)

I am also going to have my digital cameras with me too so if the film does get destroyed, all is not lost, but I'd like to try shooting some film out in some of the national parks ,for example.

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon D7500 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z5 +17 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow