How many different interchangeable lenses do you have?

Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
ProfHankD
OP ProfHankD Veteran Member • Posts: 7,851
Re: How many different interchangeable lenses do you have?

petrochemist wrote:

ProfHankD wrote:

For this poll, let's count only lenses that YOU HAVE USED within the last few years

I've had to guess, die to the 'used in last few years' clause.

That was very deliberate on my part. I wanted to keep us in the "users" rather than "collectors" stats, because I know there are definitely people out there who buy old camera equipment purely to have it sit on a climate-controlled shelf. I have nothing against them, but I don't think that a person with 2000 lenses they'll never take out of their original retail packaging tells us much... whereas somebody who actually uses a dozen or more lenses, well, to put it bluntly, that's a group that few professionals would have qualified for back when I was doing professional work in the 1970s. I suspected we would have a lot of folks who use lots of lenses, but I'm honestly shocked to see my huge collection isn't all that close to the largest user collection....

ProfHankD's gear list:ProfHankD's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX530 Olympus TG-860 Sony a7R II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a6500 +30 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow