35 mm lens for Canon R6 Milky Way + family vacation lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
knight427 Regular Member • Posts: 167
35 mm lens for Canon R6 Milky Way + family vacation lens

My next lens will be a 35 mm prime. I still have a 6D in addition to my R6. I shoot both when I go out for Milky Way landscapes, typically the 6D is set to fire all night long for star trails and time lapse processing. I bring this up just because an EF 35 mm would give me more options for what I want to do with the 6D, but I can live w/o those options. 
Based on the title, you probably figured out my priority use cases are Milky Way (landscapes) plus a go-to lens for family photos, especially on vacation (meaning I want AF and small would be nice-to-have). 
I was going to make a list, but there are so many. For sure I am considering the Canon RF 1.8 for simplicity. Both Sigma and Tamron have some great options in EF.  I do intend to do some pano compositions meaning I care a lot about barrel distortion and vignette in addition to coma and w/e else makes for a great AP lens. 
I also just purchased a tracker, so widest aperture is less critical, though that usually correlates to high quality, which takes me back to wanting to stitch large panos together. 
What do you recommend? If you have used any two (or more) for astro, I'd love to hear your experience comparing them.

knight427's gear list:knight427's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon Extender EF 2x III +5 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow