still early innings

Started 10 months ago | User reviews thread
Artichoke
OP Artichoke Forum Pro • Posts: 12,629
still loving it (pic)

Vikas M Gore wrote:

That was such a glowing report. But I see that it’s 8 months on now. Are you still a fan? I have to confess that I am. I thought, given the wight and size, that it would not become my most-used camera, but it is. I think it’s wonderful.

glad I got it when I did, though I had not anticipated the changes the pandemic would bring

I love the way it elevates my older lenses & the elegance of its well constructed mirror-less interface

here's one I took during Houston's ice storm, when I had to move my delicate plants indoors, just a snap, but with complex light & much detail ...don't believe I could have done such with a DSLR

CV 14 mm f4.5 v1

I have been somewhat limited by circumstances, but hope to get out more this spring ...this camera needs better subjects, but I have some others taken with it on the last pages of my Leica gallery on pbase HERE ...the color rendering simple jaw dropping for me & the feature that most impresses me

-- hide signature --

pbase & dpreview supporter
DPR forum member since 5/2001
my PBase Galleries
"Avoid making a commotion, just as you wouldn’t stir up the water before fishing. Don’t use a flash out of respect for the natural lighting, even when there isn’t any. If these rules aren’t followed, the photographer becomes unbearably obtrusive" -- attributed to HCB

Artichoke's gear list:Artichoke's gear list
Agfa ePhoto 1680 Leica SL2 Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Leica M8 Nikon D3X +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow