Godox 2400w pack and dual head for studio

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Don89 Senior Member • Posts: 1,860
Re: Godox 2400w pack and dual head for studio

Paul wrote:

I don't have much use for a 2400 ws studio pack but I would love a bi tube 2400 ws head as an option for my 1200 ws (battery powered) packs. best of all worlds.

as for rental/repair: yes and no. I am in the US, I only buy flashpoint through Adorama because I get longer warranty and they take care of repair, so I don't see this as an issue at all. add in the low price which makes it pretty easy to have back ups for everything and the whole thing becomes a no brainer. Also: I have used godox and flashpoint exclusively for years now and have never had any issues of any kind.

establishing a rental/repair presence would drive prices up. right now buying the 1200ws flashpoint kit is less then renting a profoto battery powered kit with similar specs for 2 weeks. and having worked with both, I actually prefer the flashpoint packs. before flashpoint I owned broncolor mobil and I definitely prefer the flashpoint packs.

the big broncolor or profoto packs make sense in a big studio, they are solid and great to work with, for the big rental studios it makes sense to stick with those brands (for now?)

I was close to getting a Broncolor 3200ws Pack and a few heads.   Also thinking about not doing so. It’s back and forth for me for a year now.   That kinda tells me something already.

-- hide signature --

Nikons, Rolleiflexes, Elinchroms

Don89's gear list:Don89's gear list
Nikon D850 Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow