Excited for my new-old camera, the Petri Racer.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
arbeterfroyen Regular Member • Posts: 218
Excited for my new-old camera, the Petri Racer.

Got it for a steal. The vendor knew what it was and what it was worth, but was very much discounting it because the meter does not work. Everything else seems to be working wonderfully and truthfully I rarely use the meter on my cameras in manual. For whatever reason I kind of just... wing it and I rarely ever expose so badly that I don't find something worthwhile. Worst case is I just stick with 1/60 and 125 and sunny 16 (and scale that).

It doesn't give any sort of focus through the viewfinder - is that also a flaw or just how it was made? So I'll have fun working with distances through pure intuition. Fortunately I live in a city and I can just measure up sidewalk blocks and get a good guess. I've been looking at zone focusing cameras anyhow!

I wanted a BW dedicated camera to go with my  film SLR for color. I had not even seen this particular Petri until I saw the listing and the front shutter is a lot of fun just from the testing I did for the past half hour. Much smoother than expected, which is fortunate for any potential lens shake it may incur.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow