Got my R6 last mth but having odd LR import issue, EOS Utility??any one else?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
MichaelFrederickPhoto
MichaelFrederickPhoto Regular Member • Posts: 423
Got my R6 last mth but having odd LR import issue, EOS Utility??any one else?

I have been using LR for 2+ years so I know how to use it, when I had my D810 my process flow was this:

Xfer SD card files to my T7 SSD

Import to LR from those files, the same pop up as exporting on the "where do you want to get the files from" and boom we are off and running. After I am done working, I make a copy to my WD 4TB. On the lower left side, I see both HD's with the folder names.

Now with the R6, if I try that same batting order, I got a totally different pop up with a drive on the left side and right side asking me where to xfer the file To> From.

Now all the 2021 files are NOT there even though I worked on them, edited, and exported to the HD's. The files are now defaulting to the Macbooks HD which I do NOT want.

This all seems to happen after I installed the EOS Utility app for tethering, am I the only one that had this happen to? EXTREMELY frustrated with this!

**Additional info**  I was told it could be the EOS Utility trying to "take control" of the import process.  I use a different laptop for edits so will check settings later.

-- hide signature --
Canon EOS R6 Canon EOS Rebel T7 (EOS 2000D) Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow