Sigma 105mm 1.4 owners, are you protecting the front lens?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
CptAmerica
CptAmerica Senior Member • Posts: 1,635
Re: Sigma 105mm 1.4 owners, are you protecting the front lens?

MichaelFrederickPhoto wrote:

I really wanted that 40mm for my portrait business. I just don't shoot enough that low of a mm to justify the cost. I just ordered the 50mm ART when it was on sale. I just bought all the gear you see below last month so my wallet "needs a breather".

I hear ya. I don't generally use it for individual portraits either, but it's a GREAT "general shooting" prime, and is GREAT for group shots. I just used it to shoot my son's baseball team team photo, as well as some shots of the family kids from a group camping trip last month. As soon as you have 2, 3, or more people in a picture, so you're not right up on top of them, it's perfect.

I have found in the past that the 50mm tends to be JUST a bit tight for walking around, or for "normal field of view" landscapes. The 40 really filled those holes perfectly.

This is a fun one:

Sigma 40mm f/1.4 ART - SHARPEST Lens I've Tested?! - YouTube

also some good testing here:

Sigma 40mm f/1.4 DG HSM 'Art' lens review with samples - YouTube

CptAmerica's gear list:CptAmerica's gear list
Nikon D850 Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow