Finally new Sony APS-C model !?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
GaryW Veteran Member • Posts: 9,617
Re: Finally new Sony APS-C model !?

DirkPeh wrote:

I doubt that a significant amount of people are willing to pay 2.000,- for an APS-C camera. If I had to choose between a FF and an APS-C for the same price and with nearly the same specs, I would sell my APS-C lenses and go FF.

FF won’t give me as compact of a package, plus the lenses are more expensive.

At some point, it doesn’t make sense, just as a hobby.  Then again, alternatives need to be available.  If all of the camera companies move upscale and abandon amateur cameras, we’ll have to choose between a compact camera (or cell phone!) or pay the price.

I guess the reason that Sony released the 6400 was that for many people 1.000,- is a kind of limit, maybe 1.200,- if it has a lot to offer. The 6600 was already beyond this limit, but 2.000,- sounds silly. This is just from the perspective of an enthusiast, I can not judge if the price they are asking is justified.

I agree, $2,000 is a non-starter.  The A6000 was supposedly a huge seller - well, Sony sold it for years.  One of its big features was that it was cheaper than the Nex-6 it replaced, while adding more advanced AF and using an inferior EVF and no electronic level.  Perhaps they were able to cut costs by removing those items?  Anyway, it sure looks like the lower cost was a win.  Before that, it was reported that the Nex-6 was a much better seller than the more expensive Nex-7.

For me it is much too expensive. I hope that - if the rumoured specs are correct - that Sony will release an ibis-less version that is otherwise pretty much the same as they did it with the 6400 and 6100 shortly after releasing the 6600.

Well, I’m not spending $1,600 for it without IBIS either!

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6500 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow