Sony/Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55 mm F1.8 ZA with B+W Protective Filter *Like New*

Started 1 month ago | For sale thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BrentSchumer
BrentSchumer Senior Member • Posts: 3,625
Sony/Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55 mm F1.8 ZA with B+W Protective Filter *Like New*

For sale is an excellent copy of the renowned Sony/Zeiss Sonnar® T* FE 55 mm F1.8 ZA.

I purchased this lens from a seller on DPReview last fall to go with an A7RIII, and it has served me well. I'm only selling as I would rather put my limited budget towards a "do-it-all" Tamron zoom that will allow me to tackle a variety of subjects instead of having a single normal prime. Part of me is kicking myself for giving this lens up, but until my post-COVID billable hours pick up I need to optimize a limited kit for a broad range of hobby shooting.

Included is the lens, original packaging, hood, front and rear caps, Sony bag, and B+W filter.

This lens has been obsessively cared for, with a B+W 49mm XS-Pro Clear MRC-Nano 007 Filter permanently on the front element. I'm throwing the filter in with the lens and it's the genuine article - thick glass and firm metal.

The lens front and rear elements are in pristine condition, and there are no scratches or blemishes on the lens body or rear element. If you thoroughly cleaned this lens it would pass as new!

There does appear to be a small speck of dust on the extreme edge inside the lens, but I have not noticed this show up in any of my pictures over the past six months, including stopped down for sun-stars or bright sky shooting. Please see this macro shot for reference:

Asking price is $675 for the lens and filter shipped with insurance to the continental US. Payment by PayPal. I will only sell to established members of the community, preferably with prior transactions through this forum.

I will put pictures from this lens in a separate post; please peruse them! You'll be very happy shooting with this iconic lens, and you're not going to find as good a copy at less expense! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions about the lens.

BrentSchumer's gear list:BrentSchumer's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Tamron 20mm F2.8 Di III OSD Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6
FOR SALE STATUS:
Thread open
View using Google Maps: 10028, NY, United States

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow