Leica dealer Peter Walnes, an urgent warning

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Flashback
Flashback Contributing Member • Posts: 507
Leica dealer Peter Walnes, an urgent warning

Peter Walnes, a dealer, based in the UK, buys and sells mainly Leica products, but does trade in other quality gear now. He's been trading for many years.

However, about six weeks ago I sold him a mint Zeiss APO Sonar 135mm F2 lens. The price was agreed at £750. The lens was sent by recorded delivery and was advertised on his website immediately. A few days later it was de-listed, so I presume sold.

But from then on absolutely no response. I called after three weeks, and he indicated that he had some cash flow problems but would pay by the end of the week. Needless to say nothing arrived. Now he has gone to ground, with no response from any calls or emails.

I Googled his name, and sadly I'm not alone, with many others being owed money. His Ebay account has been suspended, since there have been issues of cameras and lens not being delivered. I fear I have no option now but to initiate a legal claim through our Small Claims Court.

When does 'late payment' become 'criminal fraud'  Either way, I fear this will end badly.

https://secure.peterwalnes.com/

Flashback's gear list:Flashback's gear list
Leica X1 Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS 5D Sony a7R II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow