new to SX70 HS, still experimenting

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Brian Wadie
OP Brian Wadie Forum Pro • Posts: 10,510
Re: new to SX70 HS, still experimenting

Confusedabit wrote:

Brian Wadie wrote:

Fascinating shots. I have never seen these windsurfing foils before.

The sport is changing very rapidly at the moment, these are "Wing Sails" and come with a standard board or as her, the foil.

So many foils now, windsurfers, kiters, surfers and even stand-up paddleboards are all using them.

As for racing cats and the like, well its not like it was when was dinghy racing 50 years ago! (they had only just introduced windsurfing to the UK when I was giving up racing because of the pressure of work / international travel )

I remember when America's cup started foiling I did my grumpy old man not real boats muttering and then got completely hooked on the spectacle.

Have you been watching the Sail GP series, talk about gladiatorial, fabulous technology and of special interest to me as I spent a few years researching composite materials for high tech use, specifically studying failure mechanisms - makes my blood run cold at times watching their antics!

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R6 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow